Whether it is a standard solution for storage of milk or an integrated solution which takes in smart controls, snap chilling, energy saving and heat recovery, GEA and Stocker’s have a solution to meet your cooling needs.
Why Snap Chill?
Milk starts to deteriorate the moment it is harvested from the cow. Naturally occurring bacteria in the milk starts multiplying straight away and only temperature can slow the process down to preserve milk quality. Needless to say then, snap chilling milk has a number of fundamental benefits for both the milk producer and the processor.
All of the below issues can be greatly improved by snap chilling and high grade heat recovery for maximum plant hygiene.
- Milk Quality Compliance (The Regulatory Issues)
- Bactoscan (bacteria count, milk chilling related)
- Thermoduric (heat resistant bacteria)
- Coliforms (wet weather / manure bacteria)
The GEA aquaCHILL system is the perfect solution to bring your shed into line with the new chilling requirements. The plug and play system fits into your existing equipment saving you time and money.
- No thermal storage so only runs when you need it
- Runs in tandem with existing vat chilling
- Hot water reclaim available
- A simpler solution means lower prices
- ‘Plug and Play’ solution (very little installation required)
- Can be moved from farm to farm if required
- Highly efficient with a COP 3.4 compared to DX with a COP 1.8
- Separate from Vat Chilling to spread risk in case of failure
- Can produce hot water up to 350L/hr at 60°C
- Easily to operate and diagnose with CONNECT2 control system
aquaTESS thermal energy storage system may be configured with many different options and sizes to meet any farm requirement, from direct online chilling to thermal storage utilising off peak power for maximum chilling efficiency.
- Snap chills milk to 5°C or less
- Delivers free hot water at 60°C at 150 – 350 litres per hour depending on model
- Energy Efficiency Rating (EER) of at least 3:1 during operating periods where outlet temperature is over 1ºC.